Cleaning the Apartment
Please read the guidelines for cleaning the apartment when moving out, below. Unsatisfactory cleaning will be fined. To avoid this, you can arrange to have a janitor check the apartment after you have cleaned it. Please book an appointment in advance.
Wash workstations and other tables
- Wipe chairs/vacuum clean
- Wipe beds/vacuum clean
- Wash bookshelves and lamps
- Wash floors and lists (wash under beds and furniture)
- Wash walls (remove footmarks under desks/beds)
- Dust the ceiling with a damp cloth
- Wash wardrobe inside and out
- Wash doors
- Clean every window from the inside. Wash the exterior of the reversible windows as well.
- Wash curtains at 30 degrees in the machine. Do not use the dryer.
- Wash colored top mattress at 60 degrees (see washing instructions)
- Wash white stretch sheets / top mattress at 95 degrees. Do not use the dryer.
- Shower curtains washed at 40 degrees with gentle drying
- Clean mirror, sink, cabinets, and toilets
- Dust off floors, walls, and ceilings with a damp cloth
- Wash door
- Dust wipe the floors, walls, cabinets and with a damp cloth
- Clean the storage room/wash and remove content
- Empty and wash the drawers and cabinets
- Empty the fridge
- Please check out the washing lists and coordinate with the other residents about washing the common areas.
- Empty and clean out drawers and closets (also upstairs closets) and clean the countertop
- Wash walls and floors. Dust off the roof with a damp cloth.
- Clean refrigerator, stove, and kitchen ventilator thoroughly inside and out
- Clean behind and under the stove after the cooker is pulled out from the bench.